You should apply early! Application for graduation should be made when you have the following number of credits:
- AA, AS, and AAS Degrees: 45 credits that apply towards the degree or two quarters before your completion quarter.
- Certificates: 30 credits that apply towards the certificate or two quarters before your completion quarter.
- High school diploma: two quarters before your completion quarter.
How to apply
- Certificate -complete the Application for a Certificate and submit it to the registration office.
- Two year degree - complete the Application for Graduation and submit it to the cashier window with the required non-refundable graduation fee.
- High school diploma - complete the Application for Graduation and submit it to the cashier window with the required non-refundable graduation fee.
- Use a separate application form for each degree/certificate. (Degrees and certificates are listed in the Programs & Courses section of the website.)
- Your application will be kept on file during attendance at Highline. After one year of non-attendance, your application and evaluation will be shredded and it will be necessary to re-apply.
- Further instructions are on the application form.
What happens after you apply
- Associate of Arts (AA) Applicants
Approximately 12 weeks after applying, you will receive email notification that an official graduation evaluation has been completed and notes have been posted to the Advisor Notes tab in Degree Audit indicating the requirements that must be completed. Graduation evaluators will review your progress every quarter of attendance until requirements are completed. You will NOT be sent updated notifications. It is your responsibility monitor your progress. See an advisor for assistance in class selection.
- Associate of Science (AS),
Associate of Applied Science (AAS), and Certificate (C) Applicants
Approximately one quarter after applying, you will receive notice to schedule an appointment with the program advisor/coordinator to complete your graduation evaluation. The advisor/coordinator will post a completed evaluation in Advisor Notes on Degree Audit. The graduation evaluators will review your progress every quarter of attendance until requirements are completed. You will NOT be sent updates. It is your responsibility to monitor your progress. If a substitution or waiver is made, graduation evaluators must see notes in Degree Audit from your advisor/coordinator to update evaluation.
- High School Diploma Applicants
Once completion of requirements (per your High School Completion Worksheet) are approved by the High School Programs Coordinator, the Graduation Evaluator will enter High School Diploma to your transcript and a diploma will be sent to you within one quarter after completion of requirements.
How to graduate with honors
To earn graduation with honors, your college level GPA must be 3.50 or higher. For those who have not yet graduated and want to participate in commencement, the college level GPA will be determined at the end of winter quarter for purposes of the commencement program.
How to receive your degree or certificate
Once requirements have been met:
- Your degree, certificate or diploma will be entered on your transcript approximately 6 weeks after grades for your final quarter have been posted.
- Your degree, certificate or diploma will be mailed to you the following quarter.
- If you need proof of your degree for a job application or entrance to another college, you may order an official transcript requesting your degree/certificate/diploma be entered on your transcript before it is sent.
How to get another copy of your degree or certificate
Use this Diploma/Certificate re-order form (PDF). Follow the instructions on the form.