Apply when are registered in your final quarter of
We use degree audit to check how close to completion you are and you can too!
We will send your application back to you with a recommendation to see your advisor if you apply too early.
How to apply
- Certificate -complete the Application for a Certificate and submit it to the registration office.
- Associate degree - complete the Application for Graduation and submit it to the cashier window with the required non-refundable graduation fee.
- Baccalaureate degree - complete the Application for BAS Degree and submit it to the cashier window with the required non-refundable graduation fee.
- High school diploma - complete the Application for Graduation and submit it to the cashier window with the required non-refundable graduation fee.
- Use a separate application form for each degree/certificate. (Degrees and certificates are listed in the Programs & Courses section of the website.)
- After accepted by graduation staff, your application will be kept on file for one year (4 quarters). If you have not completed gradution requirements within one year, your application and evaluation will be archived. At that point you would need to reapply.
What happens after you apply
- Associate of Arts (AA) Applicants
Within 3 weeks of applying, you will receive notification to your Highline student email that an official graduation evaluation has been completed and notes have been posted to the "Notes" tab in Degree Audit indicating the requirements that must be completed. Graduation evaluators will review your progress every quarter of attendance until requirements are completed. You will NOT be sent updates on a quarterly basis. It is your responsibility monitor your progress. See an advisor for assistance in class selection.
- Associate of Science (AS),
Associate of Applied Science (AAS), Baccalaureate (BAS) and Certificate (C) Applicants
It is strongly recommended you visit your department coordinator ahead of applying to graduate. If a substitution or waiver is made, graduation evaluators must see notes in Degree Audit from your advisor/coordinator to update evaluation.
Within 3 weeks of applying you will recieve confirmation of your accepted application to your Highline student email. Then, in the 8th week of the current quarter, you will receive notice that your application has been sent to the designated program advisor/coordinator to sign off on your graduation evaluation. The advisor/coordinator will post a completed evaluation in the "Notes" tab on Degree Audit. Graduation evaluators will review your progress every quarter of attendance until requirements are completed. You will NOT be sent updates on a quarterly basis. It is your responsibility to monitor your progress.
- High School Diploma Applicants
If you are earning a High School Diploma along with an Associate Degree, please follow the instructions for your Associate Degree. All you need to do is check the "Optional - High School Diploma with an Associate Degree" box on the graduation form.
If you are earning a High School Diploma only, it is strongly recommended you work with your High School Programs Coordinator prior to applying to graduate. Applications for stand-alone High School Diplomas recieve confirmation within 3 weeks of application through Highline student email. In the 8th week of the current quarter your application is sent for approval to the High School Programs Coordinator. The Coordinator will make evaluation note in the "Notes" tab on Degree Audit. Once approved for graduation, the Graduation Evaluator will enter High School Diploma to your transcript within 3 weeks of the grades posting for your final courses.
How to graduate with honors
To earn graduation with honors, your college level GPA must be 3.50 or higher. For those who have not yet graduated and want to participate in commencement, the college level GPA will be determined at the end of winter quarter for purposes of the commencement program.
How to receive your degree or certificate
Once requirements have been met:
- Your degree, certificate or diploma will be entered on your transcript approximately 3 weeks after grades for your final quarter have been posted.
- Your paper degree, certificate or diploma will be mailed to you within 15 business days of being entered on your transcript.
- If you need proof of your degree for a job application or entrance to another college, you may order an official
Be sure to select the "after degree posts" option when ordering.
How to get another copy of your degree or certificate
Use this Diploma/Certificate re-order form (PDF). Follow the instructions on the form.